Aadhaar Card Website: The Government of India via the Unique Identification Authority of India issued the Aadhaar card, which is the twelve digits unique identification number issued to the citizens of in 2009.
This card is one of the most vital documents of an Indian citizen so as to provide them with a universal identification number and so, this is linked to all the official documents of an Indian citizen.
There is no age limit for getting an Aadhaar Card – all people starting from a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can avail of the facilities of an Aadhaar Card.
Aadhaar Card Website
Here are some details of the Aadhaar Card website:
The website which has been made official by the Government of India for the purpose of Aadhar is the website by the Unique Identification Authority of India which is uidai.gov.in
According to the Unique Identification Authority of India website, any Aadhaar Cardholder or any Aadhaar Card service provider can easily verify the genuineness of an Aadhaar number.
Any Aadhaar cardholder and any Aadhar card service provider can access a user-friendly service of the Unique Identification Authority of India known as the Aadhaar Verification Service (AVS), which, along with many other services, is also available on its website.
However, there have been certain instances of data breaches on the website too.
The Unique Identification Authority of India has confirmed that there are more than 200 government websites that were publicly displaying a lot of confidential Aadhaar Card user data.
The counterfeit websites have though been removed now. But the data which already has been leaked cannot be removed from the hackers’ databases.
- The Aadhaar Cardholders can also enroll for Aadhaar Card and check the enrollment status on the website.
- The Aadhaar Cardholders can verify their Aadhaar Card details on the website too.
- The Aadhaar Cardholders change or edit their Aadhaar Card incorrect information on the website apart from a phone number which can only be changed offline.
- The Aadhaar Cardholders can also download their Aadhaar cards as PDF from the website.
- The Aadhaar card website also holds the list of the required documents for Aadhaar registration.
- The Supreme Court of India in one of its recent verdicts has hereby declared that the Aadhaar Card is very much constitutionally valid.
According to the said verdict, the Aadhaar Card of citizens is mandatorily required to be linked with their respective PAN, and the customers have to adequately provide details while filing for income tax returns (ITR) and if they want to avail government subsidies.
Further on the top of this, the Cabinet of India has hereby approved the necessary and proposed amendments where the Aadhaar Card can be used voluntarily by banks and telecom companies in the process of authenticating new customers.
However, not many people are aware of the presence of an external site for the Aadhaar Card purposes and hence, awareness has to be created on this so that the citizens are not ignorant of what all they can do with the website today. (Aadhaar Card Website).
Aadhaar Card Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for an Aadhaar card is as follows:
- All Indian citizens can apply for an Aadhaar Card.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) who have lived in the country for an ongoing duration of 182 days can apply.
How to Enrol for Aadhaar?
The application form for Aadhaar may be rendered from any registered Aadhaar Enrolment Center / Permanent Enrolment Centre. A comprehensive list of current Aadhaar Enrollment Centers is accessible on the UIDAI website.
The UIDAI has also approved over 10,000 post offices and bank branches to serve as Permanent Enrol Centers in an attempt to ease the enrollment process. To complete the enrolment phase, applicants should follow the 3 basic steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Locate the Aadhaar enrolment center nearest to you.
Step 2: Fill out the application form and request the documentation needed.
Step 3: Complete the biometrics and gain awareness.
For applicants who do not have the necessary documentation, UIDAI has organized the following methods of registration:
- Head of Family (HoF) based application:
The Head of Family (with a legitimate Aadhaar) will send documentation showing his / her association with the claimant under this enrolment process. After a positive review of these data, the applicant’s enrolment will then be processed.
- Introducer-based application:
In cases where the applicant has no valid proof of identity or address documents, the enrolment process may be assisted by an Introducer appointed by a Registrar. You can contact the Introducer via the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Check Status of Aadhaar Application Online
Applicants wishing to check their Aadhaar application status may do so through the official UIDAI website. You may need to note your registration number, which can be located on the acknowledgment slip after you have submitted your application.
How to Download/Print Aadhaar Card
In an attempt to render the Aadhaar more available, the UIDAI has arranged for the storing and retrieval of Aadhaar information electronically. This card, named the e-Aadhaar, is accessible in PDF format and can be downloaded from the UIDAI website.
The E-Aadhaar can be accessed via the official website of UIDAI, using any of the following:
- With Aadhaar number.
- With VID (Virtual ID).
- With EID (Enrolment ID).
The UIDAI has made available numerous resources related to Aadhaar processes and apps to render the Aadhaar method more straightforward and streamlined. Here is a short overview of each of these:
- Verify Aadhaar Number:
Applicants may test if their Aadhaar card is working or has been disabled as follows:
- Visit the website of UIDAI, and press on the line ‘My Aadhaar.’
- Click on the tab ‘Verify Aadhaar Number,’ and enter your Aadhaar number along with the CAPTCHA protection.
- Your current Aadhaar Card status will appear on the screen.
Find a comprehensive guide to Verify Aadhaar Number:
- Verify mobile number or email registered with Aadhaar:It is advisable to provide an email address and mobile number when applying for an Aadhaar card as it makes it easier to get updates on services. As a user, you may also obtain alerts remotely about new functionality or details relevant to your Aadhaar.
- Retrieve your Aadhaar number:UIDAI has streamlined the recovery method whether you have forgotten or damaged your Aadhaar Passport. You may electronically download your Aadhaar Passport, VID, or EID by following the steps described below.It’s necessary to remember that accessing Aadhaar details allows you to have a mobile number recorded.