Documents Required for Aadhaar Card: Download or View Complete List
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card: Well, all the citizen of India has a card that provides them with an identification number. The Government of India via the Unique Identification Authority of India issued the Aadhaar card, which is the twelve digits unique identification number issued to the citizens of in 2009.
This card is one of the most vital documents of an Indian citizen so as to provide them with a universal identification number and so, this is linked to all the official documents of an Indian citizen. There is no age limit for getting an Aadhaar Card – all people starting from a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can avail of the facilities of an Aadhaar Card.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card
According to the Aadhaar Act, 2016, only Indian citizens who have resided in India for 182 days or more, in the past 12 months before the date of application, are eligible for Aadhaar enrollment.
For Minors, UIDAI issues a Blue Colour Aadhaar (Bal Aadhaar) for children between 0 to 5 Years. After 5 years of age, the child needs to have his/her demographic and biometric details updated in his Aadhaar card.
Foreigners can also apply for Indian Aadhaar, but they should also have lived 182 days or more before applying for Aadhaar.
The applicants for Aadhaar need to submit their iris scan, personal photograph, fingerprints as part of the biometric details and their name, residential address, and date of birth as part of the demographic information; mandatory for the unique identity, ‘Aadhaar’.
The registration process can be completed by visiting the Aadhaar enrolment centers, post offices, or banks.
The necessary documents required during registration for Aadhaar are:
Proof of Identity (Voter ID, Driving License, Ration Card, Kishan Photo Passbook, Pensioner Photo Card, Passport, Certificate of identity issued by a Tehsildar on a letterhead, Pensioner Photo Card, Certificate of identity issued by a Gazetted Officer on a letterhead, Disability Identity Card, ECHS/CGHS Photo Card, Certificate of handicapped issued by the Union or the State Territoryetc.)
Proof of Address (Property Tax receipt, Bank passbook or bank statement, Government Photo ID cards, Pensioner Card, Post office statement or passbook, Passport, Passport of parents only in case of minors, Driving License, Freedom Fighter Card, Disability Identity Card, ECHS/CGHS Photo Card, Certificate of handicapped issued by the Union or the State Territory, Marriage certificate, Gas Connection Bill, etc.)
Proof of Relationship status(Marriage Certificate, Pension card, Passport, MNREGA Job card, Army Canteen Card, Certificate of Birth authorized by the Municipal Corporation, PDS Card, ESIC Medical card)
Proof of Date of Birth(Birth Certificate, State or Central Pension Payment Order, PAN card, Certificate of date of birth issued by the Gazetted Officer, Government photo ID cards, Passport, Government University Board issued mark sheets, PSU issued photo identity card, Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Card, etc.)
The detailed list of all required documents can be found in the below link:
After applying for the Aadhaar card, an acknowledgment slip is generated that provides the enrolment number. The acknowledgment also provides the date and time of submission of application and can be used to track the status of the Aadhaar. The enrolment number along with the date and time of enrolment which forms the ‘Enrolment Identity Number’.
Applicants can also know the status of their application through their registered mobile number, by visiting the official government site. For such services, the Enrolment Identity Number, registered mobile number and date and time mentioned in the acknowledgment mail will be required.
This is a rather simple and effective measure, thus allowing easy access for the applicants. This collaborative approach will certainly build a strong, transparent and sustainable Indian economy and help in good governance and transparency of processes.
Proof of Address – Documents Required for Aadhaar Registration:
Address evidence records prove that you continue to reside in your home. Both records that act as proof of identity include at least your name and address. Be sure to submit your application form as the address you have specified will be sent to your Aadhaar account. When visiting an Aadhaar registration center, you may have any of the following documents as proof of address:
- Bank statement.
- Ration card.
- The signed letter that has photo from the bank on a letterhead.
- Insurance document.
- Signed letter with photo and issued by a registered company on a letterhead.
- Arms license.
- Post office statement or passbook.
- Voter ID.
- Government photo ID cards or PSU issued service photo identity card.
- Signed letter with photo and issued by a recognized educational institution on a letterhead.
- Driving license.
- Water bill (shouldn’t be older than 3 months).
- Electricity bill (shouldn’t be older than 3 months).
- Property tax receipt (shouldn’t be older than a year).
- Address card that has a photo and is issued by the Department of Posts.
- Gas connection bill (shouldn’t be older than 3 months).
- Passport of parents (for minors).
- Disability ID card.
- Vehicle registration certificate.
- Registered lease/sale/rent agreement.
- Caste and domicile certificate with photo.
- Telephone bill.
- Credit card statement (shouldn’t be older than 3 months).
- NREGS job card.
- Pensioner card.
- Kissan passbook.
- Freedom fighter card.
- Income tax assessment order.
- ECHS/CGHS card.
- For rural areas – certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or an equivalent authority.
- Marriage certificate containing address and issued by the government.
- State or central government issued an allotment letter of accommodation.
List of Date of Birth Proofs – Documents Required for Aadhaar:
Official records with your date of birth prove that your date of birth is accurate. When you visit a registration center for Aadhaar, you can apply either of the following documents as evidence of birth date:
- Certificate in SSC.
- Certificate of birth.
- PAN card. PAN card.
- Date of birth certificate and letterhead given by the gazetted officer division.
- Pay request for State / Central Plan.
- Government University or Board of Directors Mark.