How to Apply for Aadhar from Centres in USA – Can we Apply from USA?

Many of the Indian Citizens working in the United States find it challenging to Apply for Aadhaar Card. These peoples are busy working/Studying, so most of them don’t have the time to Visit India and Apply for Aadhaar.

Note – This Guide is Valid if you are Living working/ studying/ living anywhere outside of India and are concern about Aadhaar.

Aadhar Centres in USA

If you are one of those peoples, chances are you are searching for something like  “Is There an Aadhaar Card Centre in the USA?”

Well, If you want a summary, then the answer to this question is No, there are no Aadhar Centres in the USA or Anywhere in the World outside India.

But, if you leave now, then you are going to miss something important that you must know. But What is that? Have Patience.

There are no Centres in the USA or the rest of the word(outside India) because Aadhar Card for NRI, PIO, OCI is not Compulsory.

According to the UIDAI policy, you must have stayed in India for more than 182 Days over the past 12 months to become eligible for the Enrolment of your Aadhar.

Confused about Aadhaar Card Centres in USA

Now, what does that mean? It means that If you are living in other countries like the United States of America, then it is not compulsory for you to have an Aadhaar Card. Of course, What will you do with an Aadhaar outside India?

The second thing to keep in mind is that Enrolment/Application of Aadhaar Card require the person(Applicant) to be physically present in the Enrolment Centre as he/she has to give his/her Application and Biometrics including Finger Prints and Retina Scan.

So at this moment, you don’t need to worry about Applying for an Aadhaar Card now as you can do the same after coming back to India for more than the required time.

What do I need to do for Applying my Aadhar? Well, the procedure for Enrolment is straightforward, and you can follow it from the above link.

Valid Documents for Application of Aadhar

Valid Document for Enrolment of Aadhaar by People living outside India

Apart from giving your Biometrics and Application to Aadhaar Officials you also need to Provide a copy of your Proof of Identity(POI) and Proof of Address(POA).

You can find a list of Valid Documents Below. Also, Remember that the Application of your Card is free of Cost.

Proof of Identity Proof of Address
Passport Passport
Pan Card Bank Statement/ Passbook
Ration/PDS Photo Card Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
Voter ID Ration ID
Driving License Voter ID
Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU Driving License
NREGS Job Card Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU
Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Instituion Electricity Bill(Not Older than 3 month)
Arms License Water Bill(not older than 3 months)
Photo Bank ATM Card Telephone Landline Bill(Not older than 3 months)
Photo Credit Card Property Tax Receipt(not older than 3 months)
Pensioner Photo Card Credit Card Statement(not older than 3 months)
Freedom Fighter Photo Card Insurance Policy
Kissan Photo Passbook
CGHS / ECHS Photo Card Signed Letter Having Photo from Bank on Letterhead
CGHS / ECHS Photo Card Signed Letter Having Photo Issued by Registered Company on Letterhead
Address Card Having Name and Photo Issued by Department of Posts Signed Letter Having Photo issued by Recognized Education Instruction on letterhead
Certificate of Identity having Photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead NREGS Job Card
Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Government/Administrations Arms License
Pensioner Card
Freedom Fighter Card
Kissan Passbook
Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
Income Tax Assessment Order
Vehicle Registration Certificate
Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
Address Card Having Photo issued by Department of Posts
Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt
Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
Passport of Spouse
Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/State Govt. of not more than 3 years old
Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing Address.


In this Article, I answered about the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre in the USA. Well, there are no Enrolment Centres anywhere outside of India, and one has to stay in India for 182 or more Days in the past 12 Months to be Eligible for Apply for Card.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *